Home Forums Post SMTP DKIM private key

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivan maria SpadacentaCiao121
    Participant

Hi,
    I installed the plugin because on the plugin page I read: “If you use a custom domain name for email, add a DKIM record to your DNS zone file and upload your Domain Key (a digital signature).”
    I cannot find where to upload my DKIM key. Can you help please?
    Thank you!

M HaseebM Haseeb
    Keymaster

Hi Ciao,

I hope you are doing well.

Which mailing service are you using with post SMTP? Every email has its own server and options to add DKIM Keys, so please share your email server name then I can guide you.

Thanks

Ivan maria SpadacentaCiao121
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m using ovh as mail provider for my domain. So in the plugin I’m using pro1.mail.ovh.net:587.
    Nut for that email plan (called “Email pro” ^_^) they do not offer dkim service on their server. That is why I’m looking for a plugin that makes dkim signatore before forwarding message to the SMTP servet.

On the same server I’m using PHPMAILER (for some scripts running out of wordpress) and in those script I can specify the DKIM key file path and the password to use it. So PHPMAILER signs the mail with DKIM before sending it to the SMTP server.

I thought this was the meaning of “If you use a custom domain name for email, add a DKIM record to your DNS zone file and upload your Domain Key (a digital signature).” in your plugin. I correctly added the DKIM record into DNS but I do not understand how to tell the Plugin to use the private key to sign it.

M HaseebM Haseeb
    Keymaster

Hi,

Actually, there is no option for DKIM in our plugin; usually, it’s on the Hosting or Domain panel, so you need to talk to your Domain or hosting support about this.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top