Home Forums Extensions Office 365 Log says sent, but not actually

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Tim NevilleTim.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark QuirkMark Quirk
    Participant

Hi,

(Postman SMTP 2.0.22)

Post SMTP was working fine, with Office365API. But, it’s no longer working (on 3 different sites, which were all working).

Firstly, the POST SMPT test mail works!
    Then, even for other emails, the log reports: “All good, mail sent”

But the email never appears in the 365 account ‘Sent’ folder as it should and did. I’ve tried resetting the config and setting up Post SMTP again, but no change. I’m not quite sure how to debug further… can you help?

Incidentally, if I try the ‘Resend’ option from the Log I do get an error (that I don’t get for the test email) which is:
    Client error: POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/sendMail resulted in a 400 Bad Request response: {“error”:{“code”:”InvalidInternetMessageHeader”,”message”:”The internet message header name ‘[“From’ should start with (truncated…)”

Thank you!
    -Mark

Mark QuirkMark Quirk
    Participant

Hi folks, any suggestions to see what’s going on here? I was working perfectly, but after an update no longer does…

Many thanks
    -Mark

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Mark,

That’s odd, have you checked the API permissions are correctly set for your Azure app?

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Mark QuirkMark Quirk
    Participant

Hi Tim,

the API Permissions in Azure are User.Read, Delegated. The SMTP test email sends perfectly, and other emails appear in the log as Sent – but they never actually get sent. I’ve just looked at the ‘Session Transcript’ in the Log, and the test emails have a very full transcript, from the ‘contact’ form it just reads:

smtp:none:none://localhost:25

It suggests there’s something odd about the contact form, but its test email works fine too (with a full ‘Session Transcript’). Does that Session Transcript tell you anything?

(it’s more bizarre as this was all working fine when I first configured it)

Many thanks,
    Mark

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Mark,

Ah, yes, the Session Transcript does help! Unfortunately this is a known bug. The developer is working on this, but is very busy so as of right now, I can’t give you a timescale for the fix.

Unfortunately your best bet is to look at Authenticated SMTP as a replacement.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Mark QuirkMark Quirk
    Participant

Ahh, OK, thanks Tim…

I’ll reconfigure and hope for an update.

Take care,
    Mark

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Mark,

Sounds good. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top