Home Forums Extensions Office 365 Critical Error

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Tim NevilleTim

Hi Paddy,

No problem. As these forums are owned by the developer who makes the base plugin (Post SMTP) and the extensions – you can talk about them all here freely. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

paddy pepinopaddy pepino
    Participant

Hi Tim….

I am going to try and delete Office365 plugin – and all related files in the database.

I want to confirm that the 1st step – enter serial key – that the key is the actual LICENSE code received from downloading the plugin.

Or is there supposed to be a new serial number AFTER activation of plugin ?

I wanted to wait until the weekend when my client’s business is closed.

paddy pepinopaddy pepino
    Participant

I deleted office365 from admin page.

Then I deleted all related files from phpMyAdmin.

I download a fresh copy of the 365 plugin.

Upon upload and re-install there was a notification that plugin was already intalled.

What ??

I was prompted to overwrite existing plugin – which I did.

I now have 365 plugin installed – but not yet activated.

Waiting for answer to step 1 serial number.

And whether I can use my previous Azure setup.

I saved the secret key – but wondering if I should set up a NEW azure app before completing 365 plugin re-installation.

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for your message. This is all a bit strange, I’m not sure what’s going on here! The serial number that you need is the one you got when you “purchased” the extension (for free) through this website. It should appear in your account here. If you can’t see it, I would go back through the (free) purchase process here.

It might be best to delete your existing Azure app and start again. Make sure that you follow this guide carefully: https://postmansmtp.com/configure-office-365-integration/

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

paddy pepinopaddy pepino
    Participant

So. After removing 365 plugin and files – my post smtp stopped working.

Multiple errors.

Ended up using another plugin to get the client contact form back up.

Never even got to launching 365 plugin.

Same goes for me. I am posting my issue in this threat, since everything I read here, is basically the same issue. I will try to elaborate on this, hopefully to see the issue to be resolved.

I had the Post SMTP addon running before this O365-addon was released. In Post SMTP I was runnning OAuth2 with smtp.office365.com (although the addon is telling me it needs OAuth2 configuration). It does work. I have a client-ID and Secret created in my Azure console and am using that.

Funny enough, the plugin main page tells that Postman is not configured in red text on the main page. But it does work; I have had a working O365 OAuth2 connection with only Post SMTP (so without the new extension) and that has been up for about a few months now.

When I installed the O365 extension, it once asked me to enter the install key that I found in my account on this site. After filling that in, my website dies with a critical error. The error says “Notice: Undefined index: Class in /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Extensions/License/PostmanLicenseManager.php on line 54”

and also
    “Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Extensions/License/PostmanLicenseManager.php:64 Stack trace: #0 /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman.php(201): PostmanLicenseManager->init() #1 /xxxxx/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Postman->on_plugins_loaded(”) #2 /xxxxx/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /xxxxx/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /xxxxx/wp-settings.php(420): do_action(‘plugins_loaded’) #5 /xxxxx/wp-config.php(90): require_once(‘/xxxxx…’) #6 /xxxxx/wp-load.php(37): require_ in /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Extensions/License/PostmanLicenseManager.php on line 64″

I already tried to reset all variables in Post SMTP by changing them in the plugin configuration, also tried to use the built-in reset-function of Post SMTP (which didn’t seem to reset much).

I also deleted the Post SMTP plugin and the O365 extension, through deinstalling them officialy from my plugin page. Also did reinstallation from the plugin page, but also tried manual reuploading the plugin to the FTP.

The only way to get my site working again, is deleting the plugin folder from the FTP (or use recovery mode that will deactivate the O365 plugin).

The only option I see is to go through all the added entries in phpMyAdmin, to manually delete all Post SMTP settings from the tables and try if I can get this working with FULL fresh install.

My settings in Post SMTP for use on O365:

Type: SMTP
    Mailer Type: PostSMTP

Outgoing mailserver host: smtp.office365.com
    Port: 587
    Envelope From: (not mentioned here)

Security: STARTTLS
    Authentication: OAuth 2.0

(a red error message showing here: please select outgoing mailserver with OAuth2, but above mentioned address is an OAuth capable address, as shown in the addon diagnostics!)

Website domain: greyed out
    Redirect URI: greyed out
    Client ID: (not mentioned here)
    Client secret: (not mentioned here)

Saving with these options will work and successfully send mail through Office 365.

Running PHP 7.3, Post SMTP 2.0.20, Office 365 extension: 1.2

More info:

I tried to install this on my 2nd word press site. Running similar setup, also the Post SMTP with the same settings.

Tried a fresh install of the O365-extension. After activating the plugin, the extra menu appeared under Post SMTP (“Extensions”). Clicking this showed the page to add the license key. Copied this from my account page and pushed Activate. Then above crash happened as well.

So it seems there is something wrong with either storing the key, the license validation routine or something along those lines.

I have both those websites URLs added to my profile btw, so they’re showing in my account here on this page.

Hello okay we have been trying to get this working with our WP site and to be honest we are starting to think this plugin is a ploy to make us pay for the installation service because we have had Microsoft look at this also and they are totally confused with the set up instructions so really keen to get a solution to this.

Every time we activate this plugin our site totally crashes and only when we deactivate the plugin does our site come back online.

I can confirm the following:

We are on PHP 7.4
    Post SMTP plugin: Version 2.0.20
    Office 365 for Post SMTP Extension

We have gone over the instructions and when we come to authorise this we get the following error:

AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application: ‘c4f5eeb3-7e6a-40ef-bfb5-74007b7f6cb6

We have used the following callback URL’s and both fail:

ourdomain.com/wp-admin
    ourdomain.com

Please can somebody either help us or advise if they have this plugin working with 365 because this is making real issue for our company as the vast majority of our clients have WP and 365.

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Jim,

Please adjust your callback URL to ourdomain.com/wp-admin/ including the trailing slash – that might be a part of your problem.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Tim NevilleTim

To add to that, I have asked Yehuda (the developer) to look at this as soon as he can. My apologies that it is not yet sorted, as he is very busy.

Thank you all for providing additional debug information – this will be helpful.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

This plugin seriously needs an URGENT renew as it is simply not working, Once again this has crashed our website as soon as we activate this and even putting the / at the end of the URL it is still not working.

This is the error now:

AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application: ‘8c68fd10-c6b4-4f43-9a25-c85ab9bb8ddc’.

If anyone who is on 365 has this working please let me know because we are beginning to have our clients question if we know what we are doing.

This is the worst plugin we have ever used in all our years. Seriously needs this looking into and FAST.

Moreover what is very, I am sorry for saying this very questionable Tim is that you I understand from your profile are connected to Black Owl whom offer a paid for installation service and yet you do not know how to resolve this within a forum but you can get this working when and if anyone pays for the installation service from your website……. Really keen to understand this one??

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your message.

This is not at all the case. As I have stated in my previous message I am not the developer and do not own or develop Post SMTP. I provide only support on both this forum, and on WP.org completely free and voluntarily – I am not paid for replies to these topics.

If you think there is a better way that we offer this service – to make the connection clearer, please do let me know. There is absolutely no obligation to utilise the set up service at all.

Would you be able to send me a login for your site (please mark the reply as private) and I’ll take a look for you? A login to the Office 365 account you are sending from would also be useful.

I take great pride in my support, so I am keen to prove to you that I will do all that I can do resolve this for you.

I do hope this helps to clarify and reassure you.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Hi Tim

Sure no problems and fully taken onboard your reply, and thanks for the additional offer of help on this. It is just becoming more a challenge to get 365 to authenticate and we are in a catch 22 as we only design on the WP platform but also offer 365 as a service and have a number of clients moving to 365 now.

Details are as follows:

Wordpress Information:
    site url: https://www.albadigitalsolutions.scot/wp-admin
    Username: ADSGuest
    Pass: Changeme21

WP Version: 5.6.1
    PHP: 7.4.11

365 Information – This user is also global admin
    Email: jim.mcdonald@albadigitalsolutions.scot
    Pass: 403794ADS!

I cant activate the two plugins as they crash the website as soon as they go live and this is the error, however they are on the site they just need to be activated however be warned it normal crashes our site

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘PostmanOptions’ not found in /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp-extension-office365/plugin.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): post_smtp_pffice365_activate(”) #1 /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #2 /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action(‘activate_post-s…’) #4 {main} thrown in /home/albadigita/public_html/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp-extension-office365/plugin.php on line 186

Thanks once again for your help, I suspect from the error it could be something within Azure and the call back URL that is failing. However the one thing that is deeply worrying is when the plugin Office 365 for Post SMTP Extension is activated it crashes our website?

This is the error once you activate the Office 365 for Post STMP plugin:

It is almost as if a file is somehow missing from the plugin?

Thanks
    Jim

Tim NevilleTim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the details and reply. I quite understand how frustrating that is, and rest assured I will work closely with Yehuda to make sure that we can get this running smoothly on your site. I am glad that I was able to clear up any confusion between my link with Post SMTP – as I say, it is purely there as an additional service which is optional. 🙂

I can’t send you a private reply back via the forums – so would it be okay for me to email you on the email address you included in your last message? It would be great to talk some things through and see what might be causing this problem.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Sure send a email to me directly at jim.mcdonald@albadigitalsolutions.soct I take it you are having the same issues as us?

Thanks
    Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top